If you do not see your question below please contact us at email@example.com or call 615.775.1088
How do I register?
* Register with $150 initial non-refundable deposit to hold your place in the group.
* Submit your registration form ONLINE HERE or call 615.775.1088 to have one emailed to you (one per registrant to True North Presents by fax, mail, or email).
* Remaining balance will be paid in two equal payments on March 15, 2015 and May 1, 2015.
How will we travel to Washington D.C.?
* True North Presents can book group discount flights for you or your group into Washington D.C. via Reagan International Airport (DCA).
* If you choose to fly into an airport other than DCA there are ample public transportation systems to assist you in getting to the J.W. Marriott. Other suggested airports are Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) or Washington-Dulles (IAD).
* However you choose to travel, please make sure that you plan to arrive prior to 6 pm on Friday, June 12th. You can depart anytime on or after Monday, June 15th. (Additional nights at the J.W. Marriott prior to or after the weekend event are available at a rate of $235 per room per night – price includes local sales and occupancy taxes).
Can I use air-miles to travel?
* Yes. If using air-miles or airline employee discounts helps you join the group we will work with you to coordinate your travel schedule with the group.
* Please contact True North Presents to coordinate your travel arrangements.
Can I invite a friend from another city to join our group?
* Yes… if there is enough room in the choir or in the Friends (non-performers) group, it is possible that someone from another location could join our group and stay with you.
* True North Presents will coordinate their travel to match the group’s arrivals and departures.
What is the concert attire?
* CHOIR MEMBERS: All black. Men: black long sleeve shirt, slacks, tie, no coats, no tuxes. Ladies: black “floor-length”, long or short sleeve but no sleeveless, dresses / skirts preferred but loose flowing pants are acceptable.
* BEHIND THE SCENES PARTICIPANTS (Non-Singers): Concert — Semi-formal, Business attire are all words that people would say to explain what you should wear to a chorus/orchestra concert at The Kennedy Center. Best advice is a jacket and collared shirt for the gentlemen and “Sunday-Best” for the ladies.
Is music provided for the concert chorus?
* Music will be provided in digital pdf format; singers will print their own folder and bring in black binder / folio.
* We suggest printing your music as double-sided copies to reduce the number of pages in your folder.
Can I get a refund if I cancel my package reservation?
* All deposits are non-refundable.
* We recommend travel insurance if you are concerned that your travel may be interrupted for any reason.
Will there be a lot of walking in Washington D.C.?
* Our host hotel is centrally located in within a block of the National Mall (Washington Monument, White House, Lincoln Memorial, Thomas Jefferson Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, etc… etc…) and 2 blocks to some of the Smithsonian’s biggest and best attractions. You could spend a week visiting all of the historic museums and memorials within walking distance of the J.W. Marriott!
* The Washington Metro is VERY simple to use also and easy to use.
What’s the cost of tourism in Washington D.C.?
* Most attractions are FREE. All Smithsonian museums and memorials are completely free.
* There are guided tours available at a cost per person, but we encourage you to research and find activities that best match your needs.
Do I audition to join the choir?
* No audition necessary. If you are active in a local music ministry or have experience in choral singing you are welcome to join the choir for this unique performance.
CHOIR MEMBERS: Will I learn the music before coming to D.C.?
* Yes. You will receive the choral music 60-90 days prior to your travel.
* You will be expected to learn your parts on 12-14 song selections before traveling to D.C.. Our rehearsals in NY will be for polishing the music for the performance.
* We encourage singers to come in groups if possible so they can learn the music together prior to travel.
* Guests signing up less than 60 days prior to the event will be sent their parts upon full balance being received.
CHOIR MEMBERS: How long is the concert?…do we stand the entire time?
* The concert will be 2 hours with a 15 minute intermission.
* Singers will be able to sit intermittently throughout the concert.
Can I invite someone from another city?
* Absolutely! Just have one person register each participant and coordinate your travel to meet in Washington D.C.. If you have any special arrangement just contact True North Presents. We’re glad to help make it happen for you.
What about meals and additional entertainment/tourism?
* Our schedule allows free time to enjoy other entertainment activities at your leisure. For meals, you are free to plan your dining options in Washington D.C.- there are endless meal options within walking distance of our host hotel at all price points.
What is the tentative itinerary for the event:
FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 2015
- 1 pm to 7 pm: Arrivals to the hotel – check-in, ticket pick up, meet the SCC team. Specific check-in instructions will be given in our Master Schedule coming later.
- Evening free to enjoy Washington D.C. and enjoy some of the memorials.
- 9 pm: Welcome Event and Solo Steven Curtis Chapman Acoustic Concert at J.W. Marriott (Exclusively for event participants, Choir members and Behind the Scenes guests).
SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 2015
- 7:30 am: All Guests: Morning Devotion with Steven Curtis Chapman
- 8:30 am to 10:30 am: Photos with Steven (Chorus members and Behind the Scenes guests) – First half – all guests will be assigned a time so families can have photos taken together.
- 8:30 am to 11:30 am: Chorus Rehearsal #1 (Chorus Members and Open access to all Behind the Scenes guests).
- 11:45 am to 12:45 pm: Special Q&A with Steven and his team (Open to all event participants)
- 12:45 pm to 7 pm: FREE TIME FOR ALL GUESTS – Explore Washington, D.C.!
- 7 pm to 9 pm: Photos with Steven (Chorus members and Behind the Scenes guests) – Second half – all guests will be assigned a time so families can have photos taken together.
- 7 pm to 10 pm: Chorus Rehearsal #2 (Chorus members and open access to all Behind The Scenes guests)
SUNDAY, JUNE 14, 2015
- Wake-up to 12 pm: FREE TIME (great time for personal devotion, memorial visiting, or we will provide you with a list of various churches nearby so that you can choose one of your liking to attend).
- 11 am to 12 pm: TOURS OF THE KENNEDY CENTER for guests who pre-register (OPTIONAL – limited availability – more information on how to sign-up will be given on a later date).
- 12 pm to 1 pm: All Chorus members and Behind The Scenes guests take shuttles from Hotel to The Kennedy Center.
- 1 pm to 4 pm: Dress Rehearsal for all Chorus Members
- 4 pm to 5 pm: All guests taken back to hotel for concert preparation.
- 6 pm: All guests back on buses for transport back to The Kennedy Center for the concert.
- 6:45 pm: All Chorus members on-stage.
- 7:00 pm: STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN’S DEBUT PERFORMANCE AT ‘THE KENNEDY CENTER’
- 9:30 pm: Concert ends, All Guests will be bused to the Post-Concert Celebration.
- 10:00 pm to 12 am: Post-Concert Celebration and Reception
- 12 am: All guests transported back to the J.W. Marriott
MONDAY, JUNE 15, 2015
- Morning Free
- Shuttle buses will be running from 10 am to 2 pm for all guests needing transport to DCA. Guests departing from BWI or IAD Airports should arrange for their own transport via the Bell station at the hotel.
TRAVEL TO / FROM THE EVENT:
- If you are flying into DCA (Reagan International Airport) shuttles will run on Friday (June 12) and Monday (June 15).
- If you are arriving via any means other than DCA or are arriving before Friday, June 12, 2015; departing after Monday, June 15, 2015 you are responsible for your own airport transfers.
- Be sure to check on your flight status before travel, watch for schedule changes and anticipate delays
HOTEL / ADDRESS:
- J.W. Marriott
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Check-in at our SCC Courtesy Desk on the Conference Center level at the J.W. Marriott – Washington D.C.
- Then you will go to the hotel front desk to receive your room keys
MID JUNE WEATHER IN WASHINGTON, D.C.:
- Expect warm weather in MID JUNE (Average high 84, Average low 66)
- Remember those are averages… which means it can be warmer, but also colder.
- If you are concerned about weather, health or any other personal issues that may interrupt your travel to Washington D.C., you may want to consider a travel insurance policy.
- Meal choices in every price range can be found within short walking distance of our hotel. Also the J.W. Marriott has a restaurant inside the hotel.
- We will share several recommended food spots in the master schedule when it is sent to all booked guests in early April.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW ONLINE!
EVENT IS PRODUCED BY:
Steven Curtis Chapman in association with True North Presents
Have Questions? Want to Book Now?